This page contains links to resources, websites and agencies which you may find useful. If you are in immediate need of help, please call 999, contact someone you trust, or call Samaritans on 116 123
The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy is the organisation which registers and maintains standards for most counsellors.
- They have a similar guide to counselling.
- You can find the Ethical Framework which I adhere to, and explains what you can expect from me.
- If you have a complaint about me which you feel I have not dealt with adequately, you can contact the BACP.
- provides CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) self-help tools, including sections on problems including anxiety, anger and depression, and 'solutions' including relaxation techniques, mindfulness, behaviour diaries etc. The website looks like it was designed in the '90s, but the information is pretty up to date.
- If you're interested in mindfulness, this magazine is a good place to start, with lots of simple articles explaining how to use mindfulness in everyday life.
I have put together some short articles that explain a little about common mental health issues. Click on the links below to find out more: